Find out if the Parent Loan is right for your families
NEW for AY 2016/17 | Sallie Mae Parent LoanSM
This school-certified, responsible option is designed for parents or other creditworthy individuals who want to help pay for their student's education expenses. We offer competitive rates and no origination or disbursement fees.
Find out if the Sallie Mae Parent Loan is right for your families
Your source for tools and resources
Your resource for information on Sallie Mae® products and services.
We're here to help you! Contact your Sallie Mae representative or our dedicated School AssistSM team at 844-8-ASSIST (844-827-7478844-827-7478) or 302-451-4912302-451-4912, or via email at SchoolAssist@SallieMae.com.
Sallie Mae's private loans offer choice, flexibility and competitive interest rates for students and families. Loans are available for undergraduates, graduates and professional students. We also have loans for students enrolled in a non-degree or continuing education program, and families of K-12 students.
For students enrolled in degree-granting institutions:
For parents and other creditworthy individuals of students enrolled in degree-granting institutions:
For students enrolled in non-degree-granting institutions:
For professional students:
For families of K-12 students:
Access to the materials you need
This is your single point of service for a wide range of materials. You can download information such as product details, financial literacy, FAQs, financing options for families, and more.
- Loan-specific materials including brochures and buckslips, product information sheets, lender list content, and FAQs.
- Financial literacy materials including Sallie Mae's 1-2-3 Approach to Paying for College, Fixed vs. Variable Interest Rates, Understanding Student Loan Repayment, and Understanding Your FICO® Score.
Sallie Mae offers a range of products and services to help your students and families secure their college experience.
- Loan Link lets borrowers link their Sallie Mae loan account with their Upromise® account. The cash back that they earn from Upromise can be transferred automatically to help pay down their eligible loans1.
- Upromise® by Sallie Mae is a rewards service that's free to join, and lets families earn cash back for college with their everyday spending.
Sallie Mae has partnered with GradGuardTM to offer coverage specifically designed for students and college life. This coverage can help families protect their investment in higher education, while it helps your school protect its revenue stream.
Insurance products are not deposits or other obligations of, or guaranteed by, Sallie Mae Bank or its affiliates. Insurance Products are not insured by the FDIC or any other agency of the United States, Sallie Mae Bank or its affiliates.
Sallie Mae has products and services to help students and families save for their education expenses and help pay down their student loans.
Deposit products, including Upromise GoalSaver Accounts, are offered through Sallie Mae Bank, Member FDIC.
Use these tools to get the reports and data you need.
Get flexible access and control with this online loan delivery solution for Sallie Mae private education loans.
- Web Loan DeliverySM: Individual, customizable modules support efficient processing and effective communication within the financial aid office and across campus divisions.
DocumentDirect for the Internet® (DDI)
View a wide range of reports online.
Find the forms your students need. You can download them yourself or give students a link so they can self-serve.
Online materials and calculators are available to help your students and families make informed decisions about saving, planning, and paying for college.
Create a plan to save and pay for college
SallieMae.com/PlanForCollege is a free online resource that gives families and students easy-to-use information to create a plan to pay for college. Useful tools, that you can link to on your website, include:
- Scholarship Search: The fast, easy, and FREE way to search for more than 5 million college scholarships worth up to $24 billion that can help students pay for their college education.
- College Planning CalculatorSM: Families can create a comprehensive financial plan for college with a simple step-by-step strategy.
- College AheadSM Mobile App: An engaging mobile app that guides high school juniors and seniors in a step-by-step college planning process.
Help your students understand repayment
Sallie Mae offers resources that help borrowers and cosigners of Sallie Mae private student loans understand the repayment process. Topics include payment basics, cosigner responsibilities, cosigner release, and payment allocation.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
Sallie Mae Servicing (for borrowers)
Before you borrow—here’s what you need to know