Examples of African American scholarships
Your search for African American scholarships doesn't need to be difficult. There are organizations, advocacy groups, and foundations ready to recognize students aspiring to go to college. Some examples include:
- The United Negro College Fund awards scholarships, grants, and/or fellowships to African American undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctorate students who show exemplary academic achievement.
- The National Black Nurses Association, Inc. offers a variety of scholarships each year for NBNA members who are enrolled in nursing programs and have at least one full year of their program remaining.
- Gensler’s Rising Black Designers Scholarship awards scholarships to African American students who are enrolled in a NAAB-accredited architecture program at a U.S. not-for-profit educational institution.
- The Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts awards scholarships through an African American Achievement Scholarship Fund to African American residents of Franklin, Hampden, or Hampshire Counties who attend four-year colleges and have participated in extracurricular activities.
- The Craig D. Butler Scholarship Foundation offers a merit-based scholarship for African American students who are residents of Philadelphia County.