Types of scholarships for women and single moms
When you’re looking for scholarships for women and single moms, consider your major or future profession.
- Are you interested in the STEMs (science, technology, engineering, and math)? Women are often underrepresented in these areas, so there are a number of awards from national industry groups.
- Were you a Girl Scout? Apply for a scholarship for former members who are going into STEM fields.
- Will you be attending nursing school? There are a lot of nursing scholarships out there, especially for single moms.
- Have you served your community through volunteer work? There are several scholarships targeting women who volunteered to make their community a better place.
- Women in minority communities have plenty of scholarship opportunities available to them such as the Dr. Wynetta A Frazier Sister to Sister Scholarship.
- Are you returning to school after taking a break? There are scholarships available for women returning to college such as the Asherah Foundation Scholarship Program or the Emerge Scholarship.
It's important to note that there are some scholarships that are specifically for moms and/or single moms as well as if they're a first time student or returning to school after a break. Be sure to read through the rules and eligibility requirements to ensure that you qualify for the scholarship.