Change your name
If you need to update the name on your account information, you can’t do it online. You can fax your documentation to 855-765-0011 or mail it to:
P.O. Box 3319
Wilmington DE 19804-4319
Send us copies of two of the following forms of identification
- Current driver's license
- Social Security card
- Current W-2 Form
- Birth certificate
- Unexpired government-issued ID (such as a military ID)
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
- Alien Registration Card (Form I-551 or I-151)
- State ID
- Court order
- U.S. military discharge papers
- Legal document certifying the name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)
Allow someone else to discuss your account with us
To make someone eligible to get information about your account, call our Customer Service team at 800-472-5543 (800-4-SALLIE). They can add the person’s name to your account, which allows them to request information and make payments. The person you add will not be able to make changes to your account.
Change your address
Log in to your account and select Update Profile. For more information, call us at 800-472-5543 (800-4-SALLIE).
Disability or death
If a student dies or becomes permanently and totally disabled, we will waive the Current Balance. To discuss your situation and find out how we can help, please call us at 800-472-5543 (800-4-SALLIE) Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET.