Skip to main contentSkip to login

Forms for managing your student loans

Auto debit

Set up authorization for the automatic deduction of funds from your bank account. Enroll online or with this form.

Authorization to release information

Allow us to communicate with someone else on your (the borrower’s) behalf.
Information Release Form

Cosigner release*

Request to release your cosigner from legal responsibility on your student loan. Note: Only the borrower can request a cosigner release.
Cosigner Release Application

In-School Deferment*

Postpone your eligible student loan payments if you’re going back to school with an in-school deferment. You need to submit this form only if your school’s financial aid office doesn’t certify your enrollment electronically. See if they do at
In-School Deferment Request Form

Internship/clerkship/fellowship/residency deferment*

Postpone student loan payments if you’re participating in an eligible internship, clerkship, fellowship, or residency program.
Internship/Clerkship/Fellowship/Residency Deferment Request Form

Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

Request that the SCRA benefit be activated on your account during eligible periods of military service.
SCRA Benefit Form

If you need help, give us a call at 800-472-5543 (800-4-SALLIE).

* May not be available for all loans.

The deferments listed are available to borrowers with Undergraduate and Graduate Student Loans.

To apply for this deferment, customers and an official from the internship, clerkship, fellowship, or residency program must complete and submit a deferment form to us for consideration. If approved, the loan will revert back to the same repayment option that applied during the in-school period for up to 12 months. Customers can apply for and receive a maximum of four/five 12-month deferment periods. Interest is charged during the deferment period and Unpaid Interest may be added to the Current Principal at the end of each deferment period, which will increase the Total Loan Cost.