NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sallie Mae Swipe Away $10K Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and all US Territories who are of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside and who are Sallie Mae Ignite or Sallie Mae Accelerate cardholders in good standing as of the date they are notified as a potential Winner. Employees of Sallie Mae Bank ("Sponsor"), Centra360 ("Promoter") and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies (collectively, "Related Entities") and members of their immediate family or household of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Any person who has been convicted in a court of law or entered a plea of guilty or no contest to any felony or any crime involving moral turpitude, dishonesty or theft within the 10-year period prior to September 30, 2020 will not be eligible to enter or win a prize. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Sallie Mae Bank, 300 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713.
- TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“EDT”) on October 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EDT on September 30, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, there are a total of twelve (12) Monthly Entry Periods (each a "Monthly Entry Period") as follows.
Monthly Entry Period Mail-In Entry Postmark Deadline Date Monthly Entry Period Mail-In Entry Receipt Deadline Date
12:01 AM EDT on 10/1/2019
11:59 PM EDT on 10/31/2019
12:01 AM EDT on 11/1/2019
11:59 PM EDT on 11/30/2019
12:01 AM EDT on 12/1/2019
11:59 PM EDT on 12/31/2019
12:01 AM EDT on 1/1/2020
11:59 PM EST on 1/31/2020
12:01 AM EST on 2/1/2020
11:59 PM EST on 2/29/2020
12:01 AM EST on 3/1/2020
11:59 PM EST on 3/31/2020
12:01 AM EST on 4/1/2020
11:59 PM EST on 4/30/2020
12:01 AM EST on 5/1/2020
11:59 PM EDT on 5/31/2020
12:01 AM EDT on 6/1/2020
11:59 PM EDT on 6/30/2020
12:01 AM EDT on 7/1/2020
11:59 PM EDT on 7/31/2020
12:01 AM EDT on 8/1/2020
11:59 PM EDT on 8/31/2020
12:01 AM EDT on 9/1/2020
11:59 EDT on 9/30/2020
By submitting your Content, you warrant and represent that your Content is original and was created solely by you, that the Content does not incorporate any material owned by any third party, and that use of the Content as described herein will not violate any law or infringe upon the rights of any third party. If, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, the Content violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules or is deemed inappropriate, the Sponsor may disqualify the entry. No previously published content will qualify as an entry. Entries may not contain, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any Content that:
- Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane, lewd or pornographic; obscene or offensive;
- Promotes irresponsible or excessive consumption of alcohol; promotes illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains trademarks, trade names or copyrighted materials owned by others;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (other than first name, last name, city and state), email or street addresses;
- Communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any other person or company.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant waives, discharges and releases Instagram and Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to Sponsor and not to Instagram or Twitter.
- DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT: Once a Submission is entered into the Sweepstakes, any such posting will be deemed made at the direction of the entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act. EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS, UNDERSTANDS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY (OTHER THAN THE PRIZE STATED HEREIN IF SELECTED AS A PRIZE WINNER) IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THE NON-EXCLUSIVE LICENSE RIGHTS OR FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT USE OF SUCH SUBMISSION BY SPONSOR. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- TWELVE (12) MONTHLY RANDOM DRAWINGS/SELECTION OF TWELVE (12) GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected in each of the twelve (12) Monthly Random Drawings for a total of twelve (12) Grand Prize Winners. Entries received in previous Monthly Entry Periods and not selected in previous Monthly Random Drawings will be rolled over into subsequent Monthly Entry Periods and eligible for subsequent Monthly Random Drawings. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Entries received. Each Monthly Random Drawing will be conducted on or about two (2) days from the Monthly Entry Period Mail-In Entry Receipt Deadline Dates stated above. All Monthly Random Drawings will be conducted by the Promoter, whose decisions regarding all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final.
- TWELVE (12) GRAND PRIZES: Each Grand Prize consists of a payment towards the Winner’s post-secondary education student loan or loans of the Winner’s choice up to a combined ten thousand dollars ($10,000). The approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: up to $10,000. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: UP TO $120,000. In the event the balance of a Grand Prize Winner’s post-secondary education student loan or the combined value of student loans is less than $10,000, Sponsor will only pay the outstanding loan balance(s) and Grand Prize Winner will not receive any compensation for the difference in value of the Grand Prize stated herein. If a Grand Prize Winner is a cosigner of a post-secondary education student loan, the Grand Prize can be used to help pay the loan(s) they co-signed. In the event a Grand Prize Winner does not have any post-secondary education student loans outstanding, that Grand Prize Winner may transfer the prize to an immediate family member and Grand Prize Winner will be required to present proof to Sponsor that the recipient of the prize is an immediate family member. In the event a Grand Prize Winner does not have a post-secondary education student loan outstanding nor does he/she have an immediate family member he/she can transfer the prize to, that Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and that Grand Prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received. All Grand Prize Winners will be required to submit the most current loan statement(s) from the lending institution(s) to Sponsor prior to Prize fulfillment. All prize payments will be made directly to the lending institutions and under no circumstances will the payments be made to the Grand Prize Winners unless at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. ALL EXPENSES, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE GRAND PRIZE WINNERS. No substitution of any prize is permitted by any Grand Prize Winner. Entrants agree that if a Grand Prize Winner is found to have violated these Official Rules, or otherwise does not meet the eligibility criteria, that Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for a different prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is solely responsible for providing the Grand Prizes. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER HOUSEHOLD.
- NOTIFICATION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNERS: Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified by email, direct message and/or U.S. Mail on or about two (2) business days from date of corresponding Monthly Random Drawing. Each potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and a digital photograph if himself/herself (where permitted) within five (5) days of notification attempt or Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received. In the event a potential Grand Prize Winner’s Affidavit/Release Form is returned to the Sponsor as undeliverable or the potential Grand Prize Winner is determined to be ineligible in accordance with these Official Rules that Grand Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received. Each Grand Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes and agree to a criminal and personal social media background investigation during the prize winner notification process. In the event the criminal background investigation consists of any criminal record, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that Grand Prize Winner. In the event a Grand Prize Winner’s personal social media investigation consists of content found in any social medium that is false or contains misleading claims about Sponsor and its products or services, that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, or other people or companies; or communicates any message or image that is inconsistent with Sponsor’s positive image and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate or contains content that violates any rule, law or regulation, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that Grand Prize Winner. Each potential Grand Prize Winner will not be deemed a Grand Prize Winner until his/her submission of notification materials is verified. All Grand Prizes will be awarded provided that are properly claimed. No more than twelve (12) Grand Prizes as stated in these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event more Grand Prize Winner notifications are issued, or more Grand Prize Winning prize claims are received than the twelve (12) Grand Prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all such eligible entries for the Grand Prizes at issue (or from among all persons so notified) to award the Grand Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. Inclusion in such random drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
- GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and Grand Prize Winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor, Promoter and the Related Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) each Grand Prize Winner consents to the use of his/her full name, hometown city and state, voice, picture, likeness and content for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledged that the stated parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way; or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final. In the event the Sponsor, Promoter or Related Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s, Promoter’s or Related Entities’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor, Promoter and Related Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, Promoter or Related Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor, Promoter and Related Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, at which time, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received at the time of the Sweepstakes termination. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor, Promoter and Related Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Delaware law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: The Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by U.S. law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in "Binding Arbitration" Section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Delaware, in the City of Newark.
- USE OF INFORMATION: The information that you provide in connection with the Sweepstakes may be used for Sponsor's internal purposes and to send you information about Sponsor’s products and special promotions but will not be provided to third parties other than Promoter, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or as required by law, Sweepstakes administrative or legal process. Entry constitutes permission to post each Grand Prize Winner’s full name, hometown city and state, college name, voice, picture, likeness and content on website (SallieMae.com) and any and all social media channels including but not limited to Instagram and/or Twitter and to use each Grand Prize Winner’s full name, content, hometown city and state, college name, voice, picture, likeness, content and/or information provided during any public relations interview for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a Winners List, available after October 31, 2020, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Sallie Mae Swipe Away $10K Sweepstakes Winners c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road #306, Westbury, NY, 11590 by November 30, 2020.
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a printed copy of the Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Sallie Mae Swipe Away $10K Sweepstakes Official Rules, c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road #306, Westbury, NY 11590 by November 30, 2020.