Form 1099-INT: Annual Income Interest Tax Statement
This form shows the amount of interest income earned on a Upromise® account during the calendar year. It’s provided to borrowers who have met the requirements for borrower benefit programs, and have earned more benefit dollars than they paid in eligible student loan interest during the calendar year.
This statement is only available for the borrower. Cosigners do not receive a Form 1099-INT.
Borrowers will never receive both a Form 1098-E and a Form 1099-INT. If they have any Upromise earned benefit, it will be deducted from their Form 1098-E if they’re eligible for one. If they’re not eligible for a Form 1098-E, they’ll receive a Form 1099-INT.
Update your email permissions
To receive your tax form via email, make sure your account’s Tax Statements permission is set to electronic delivery by January 1.
How to update your email permissions
- Create your account or log in.
- Go to My Profile.
- Select Review Permissions under Account Settings.
- Choose Modify, select Yes, then choose Update to submit your changes.
How to get your forms
- Online: We’ll email you in late January when your form is available.
- By mail: Forms are mailed by January 31.