NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sallie Mae 2018 First Year Swag Sweepstakes promotion ("Promotion") is open to students who attend or will be attending an accredited four-year not-for-profit undergraduate college or university at any time during the Promotion Period, and who are the recipient of a Sallie Mae/Chegg First Year Box. Individuals entering the Promotion ("Entrants") must be legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. The Promotion is governed by Delaware Law, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Employees of Sallie Mae Bank ("Sponsor"), Scholarship America ("Administrator"), or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and members of the immediate family or household of each are not eligible. No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chances to win.
- ENTRY/DRAWING: This Promotion will run from 12:00 p.m. EST on July 1, 2018 to 8:00 a.m. EST on September 1, 2018 ("Promotion Period"). Entrants may enter by posting a photograph of themselves with their First Year Swag Box, and including the hashtags "#sweepstakes" and "#firstyearswag" during the Promotion Period on Twitter or Instagram. Entrants must have Internet access, a valid active and non-protected Instagram and/or Twitter account, and a valid email address as of the beginning of the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person. One (1) random drawing will take place within two weeks of the end of the Promotion Period (the "Drawing Date(s)"). Five (5) Entrants will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period as of the time the drawing takes place (each, a "Winner"). Entrants will be expected not to delete, modify, or protect their entries for a minimum of six (6) months following the end of the Promotion Period.
- PRIZE/ODDS: Five (5) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.00) Prizes for eligible education expenses will be awarded by Administrator in the form of a check made payable to the winning Entrant’s college or university. Retail value of all Prizes: $5,000.00. Entrants agree that if a Winner is found to have violated these Official Rules, or otherwise does not meet the eligibility criteria, such Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize for a different Prize of equal or greater value, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is solely responsible for providing the Prizes. Limit one (1) Prize per Winner. If for any reason a Winner does not attend an accredited, not-for-profit, four-year college or university in the 50 United States or District of Columbia within 1 year of Winner notification, Prize will be forfeited. ALL EXPENSES, TAXES AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF ANY PRIZE NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNERS. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No assignment, transfer or substitution of Prize is permitted.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: Winners will be notified by Twitter or Instagram message sent to the Entrant within one month of the Drawing Date(s). All decisions are final and binding. Winners will be asked to email a Sallie Mae email address with their contact information. If a response is not returned after three (3) attempts on Twitter or Instagram, the entry will be considered null and void. In the event, an email notification to the Entrant of a Winner bounces back to Sponsor as invalid, two (2) attempts to contact that Winner will be made via email to the Entrant of that Winner over a one-week period. If a notice to the Entrant of a Winner is returned as invalid a third time, that Winner will be disqualified and a new Winner selected. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Winner.
- GENERAL: By entering, Entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor regarding all aspects of this Promotion which are final and binding. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in any Promotion-related materials. Winners will be required to sign (with the parent/legal guardian if the Winner is a minor) and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within 7 days of first attempted notification or Prize may be forfeited. Entry constitutes permission to post Winner’s name on Sponsor’s social media pages and to utilize the Winner’s name, hometown, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, Entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoter, Administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees and agents from all liability or any injuries of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this Promotion or acceptance or use of any Prize. Winners may be required to execute a W9 form and Prize amounts may be reported to the IRS, in accordance with law. Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify this Promotion if fraud or any other causes beyond its control affects the integrity or fairness of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the Winners, available after October 15, 2018, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: First Year Swag Contest Winners, Sallie Mae, S3200, 300 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713.
- OFFICIAL RULES: For a printed copy of the Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (VT residents need not affix return postage) by December 31, 2018 to the Sallie Mae 2018 First Year Swag Rules, Sallie Mae, S3200, 300 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of this Promotion is Sallie Mae Bank, 300 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713.
- ADMINISTRATOR: The administrator of this Promotion is Scholarship America, One Scholarship Way, Saint Peter, MN 56082.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, or Chegg, Inc. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to Sponsor, not to Twitter, Instagram, or Chegg, Inc.